- Information Collected by the Company. The Company collects Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from you. “Personal information”is any information that the Company could use to identify an individual. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information. Examples of Personal Information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to: (i) your name, address, social security number, date of birth, telephone/mobile phone number, and e-mail address; (ii) your credit and debit card account information or other information obtained from your credit reports; (iii) miscellaneous information about you, such as the city of birth and mother’s maiden name, used to verify your identity in the event that you forget your login information; (iv) information provided by you through customer service correspondence and general feedback; and (v) media content submitted to the Company by you, such as commentary about the Company’s Services, testimonials, or other similar content shared by you through video. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. The Company may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Examples of Non-Personal Information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Server Log Files. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in the Company’s server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the dates time(s) of such visit(s) and the page(s) visited. The Company may use your IP address for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many Sites.
(c) Environmental Variables. The Company and its service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as computer type (e.g., Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
(d) Pixel Tags. The Company, its service providers, and/or non-affiliated third-parties may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow the Company to count the number of users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE COMPANY COMBINES ANY NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION, THE COMBINED INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED BY THE COMPANY AS PERSONAL INFORMATION AS LONG AS IT IS SO COMBINED.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. The Company will share your Non-Personal Information with its strategic partners in order to increase the quality and comprehensive nature of the Services. The Company may also share Non-Personal Information that cannot identify you with any third parties. For example, the Company may disclose the number of visitors to the Site or the number of users of the Services.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL OR NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED HEREUNDER.
- Removal or Alteration of Your Personal Information. If you provide the Company written notice of a request to remove your Personal Information from the Company’s records, the Company will endeavor to remove it as quickly as possible. You understand that any such removal is only intended to result in the removal of its Personal Information from the Company’s own records but will not result in, nor will such request create an expectation of, any removal of any information about you from other available sources. If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corrections or updates to Personal Information, including an email address, phone number, mailing address, credit card information or password reminder phrase may be made by emailing email@example.com and authorizing an update to the information within your account. For the protection of all users, the Company’s representatives may request supporting and/or authentication documentation or information before making any changes or updates to such Personal Information.
- Security Measures. The Company has and maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal or Non-Personal Information under the control of the Company. When the Company collects or transmits sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, it uses industry-standard methods to protect that information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Company is no longer secure, you agree to notify the Company of the problem within seven (7) days from your discovery of a security issue. Any delay by you to notify us of a potential security breach will result in your waiver any and all claims against us in relation to such breach.
- Using the Site or Services. In addition to the information above, you should be aware of the following:
(b) Cookies. You have the ability to prohibit being served an advertisement based on Cookie technology from certain companies. The Company may utilize reputable third-party vendors to serve advertisements. If, however, you are not comfortable with Cookies, you can adjust the settings within your Internet browser to prevent being served a Cookie. You should familiarize yourself with your Internet browser’s instructions in order to be able to perform this task. Additionally, the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) has developed an opt-out tool with the express purpose of allowing consumers to “opt-out” of the targeted advertising delivered by its member networks. The Company may share anonymous or de-identified Non-Personal Information with such member networks for the purposes of delivering targeted advertising; however, you may visit the NAI opt-out page and opt-out of this cookie tracking if you do not wish to receive targeted advertising.
(c) Company Emails. By using the Company’s Site or Services, you may be enrolled to receive emails containing announcements, promotions, or offers from the Company. If you prefer not to receive these emails from the Company, please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in any such email, or contact the Company.
THE COMPANY CONTROLS AND OPERATES THE SITE FROM THE UNITED STATES, AND THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBJECT THE COMPANY TO THE LAWS OR JURISDICTION OF ANY STATE, COUNTRY, OR TERRITORY OTHER THAN THAT OF THE UNITED STATES. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, OR ANY PART THEREOF, IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ACCESS THE SITE DO SO ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE AND AT THEIR OWN RISK, AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH ALL LOCAL LAWS, RULES, AND REGULATIONS. THE COMPANY MAY LIMIT THE SITE’S AVAILABILITY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, TO ANY PERSON, GEOGRAPHIC AREA OR JURISDICTION IT CHOOSES, AT ANY TIME AND IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.